Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A

Hey everybody, I want to tell you what's going on with my internship with Aaron Keyes. Here's a little blog to tell you about it so far. This is just a simple overview, not with a lot of detail.

I'm hoping to be able to post a blog once a week or so, and I think it will get easier, once we get settled in.


Last Wednesday, I met at Grace Fellowship church at 6:45 to meet up with my new roommates, my new mentor, and a whole bunch more leaders at Grace. Jeremey, Brett, and Isaiah are my "schoolmates". I had actually picked up Jeremey from the airport before we went to Grace. At grace on Wednesday night, we met leaders and saw how the children's and middle school programs happen.
After the service, we went to Aaron's to see his house. The basement where we will be living is not even close to being done at this point. They had just put up sheetrock that day. We crashed that night upstairs in their guestroom and their kids' room.
On Thursday, we basically just got ready and left for Destin, FL. We went with Aaron and his band to play for a NorthPoint Community Church singles' retreat at the Hilton SanDestin Beach Resort. It was a HORRIBLE place to stay...not. It was awesome, actually. They took such good care of us, and we didn't even do that much all weekend. We got to spend a good bit of time with Aaron and his guys, and seeing them lead worship was great.
We got back early Monday morning, and spent all day priming the walls downstairs. Today we had an early morning prayer meeting, followed by a session with Aaron, with him just opening the bible to us and sharing his heart for the next six months. We'll be spending A LOT of time reading and studying. This is cool.
This catches us up. The next few days will still be kind of hairy, because we're still not moved into the basement, and so we don't really have a place to call "home". That will come soon, though.
When that happens, I'll be keeping you posted a lot more often.

Pray for me, I still need lots of provision in the area of finances.


More to come, for sure,
-Daniel

No comments: