Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Providence and Faithfulness

Hi everybody.

I have some more information on funds for Aaron Keyes' worship training school for this fall. As I said before, the school is going to cost $1,000 per month for six months, which is a total of $6,000. I had been hoping that we could pay monthly so that I could raise the support in monthly pledges from many different people. However, I just found out from Aaron's administrator that they are going to need us to get them half of the total amount up front. So I'm going to have to have $3,000 in hand by the middle of August.

Let me just take a second to tell about God's faithfulness in my life. Every time God has led me to do something, he has provided a way for me to do it. He has never, ever failed me in this area.
-When I was thirteen, I was scheduled to go on a mission trip to Chicago, Illinois. On the night before we were supposed to leave, my sister and I were still horribly short on money for the trip. The church called everyone who was going down to the front of the church so they could pray for us and commission us. I felt very silly going down there, because I didn't really think I'd be getting on that plane the next day. As we were praying, a wonderful older man in the congregation came up behind Beth and me, and put his hand on our shoulders and said quietly, so only we could hear him, "You guys will be ready to go tomorrow, everything's taken care of." !!!!!! We had all the money...the night before!!
-During the summer after my sixteenth birthday, I was asked to accompany a worship leader for the summer and play keyboards with him and his daughter as they traveled to lead worship for a few different mission trips and gatherings and such. This six week trip should have cost me hundreds of dollars, but God provided for me through this leader.
-Last year, I spent six months living in Monroe, GA, renting a house that cost me $600 a month...plus utilities. The reason I moved there was because I had felt compelled to work, for a time, with a church in the area. So I packed up and found a place to rent. I still worked in Dahlonega, but I lived in Monroe on the weekends for church. I honestly don't know how I paid rent and bought food and gas and am still alive. God is the only one to whom I can give credit for any of that.

All that to say that God is faithful and providential. He is Jehovah Aman and He is Jehovah Jireh. I have no doubts that if it is God's will for me to be involved with this internship, then He will make a way.

I am still thinking that some might be able to contribute on a monthly basis, but to make that work, so that I have enough money up front, I would like to begin finding some that would begin contributing now, and give for six months, starting with May. This way, if I can find enough people that can give on a regular basis, I should have the money that I need by August.

About the CD. My friend's computer crashed, so we haven't been able to record in two weeks. I'm not sure what happened. However, and fortunately, my keyboard tracks are still there, so we are hoping to take a quick trip up to Nashville in the next two weeks, and record the vocals and finish it up so that I can get it duplicated and get it in with the application, and start getting it out to sell to you guys. I am really praying that the CD will be a big help in raising money.

One other thing about money...pray about this too, if you will. There are a few other things that I need to take care of financially, so that I can go to the school this fall. I have a few debts from the past few years, including my car loan, and a credit card that I need to pay down so that I don't have the payments to make while I'm not working full time.

I plead with you to pray for me about all of this. I'm convinced that prayer really does make a difference.

You're loved,
-Daniel

1 comment:

Amy said...

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!