Thursday, March 26, 2009

A quick update

E'rybody!

I'm gonna update. I haven't done that enough. :-S


I'm very thankful for what God is doing right now, and I'm sure that He has a plan. Things are a struggle for me in a lot of ways. Right now, I'm staying with my old friends/mentors/directors in Loganville, GA (the people I stayed with last summer), and it just doesn't feel quite like home. On the positive side of that, I'm going today to look about a house in Doraville, GA to rent with two friends of mine. So that is exciting...the thought of actually being in my own space. I kinda always feel like an intrusion here, even though they are very generous to let me stay while I'm trying to put things together.


I'm still working on trying to get a job. Finances have been another struggle lately.

I led worship at Mountain Lake Church, at their North campus, this past Sunday, and it went really well. I was especially encouraged by the sermon. Shawn Lovejoy, the pastor, preached on how the whole Bible is all about Jesus, and how He's the only way to God. That was great! I'm glad they preach the truth, because it seems like there are many churches that shy away from it. And Mary felt comfortable there, which is also good.

In order to reach the goals I have for this year, I need to make a little bit more than I've been able to make lately, so I'm considering getting back into teaching private music lessons.

Even though things are difficult, and still very much up in the air, I'm so thankful for all that God is doing.
Mary is so very patient with me, and is understanding of how I feel about everything. She's really the best. I couldn't imagine someone being more encouraging to me and the things I feel that God is calling me to.


My great friend Isaiah is getting married in the fall (Oct.). I can't wait! Mary and I will be taking a trip to Texas to see him and his sweetie, Aimee.


I guess that is all for now.


-Daniel

No comments: